pintuck wristlets

I'm a huge fan of Michelle Patterns. So, when teacher appreciation week at my children's school was just around the corner I went straight to Michelle's website to see what fun pattern I'd like to make.

I decided to make Pintuck Wristlets (with some modifications as I decided not to add straps and button decorations - mostly because I was seriously running out of time).


Unlike most of the people who sew, I find choosing fabric the most draining part, I prefer simply sewing all the time :). I already made quite a few pouches using Michelle's patterns so I knew what to expect.


I must admit though, I got completely stuck on pintucks. There were no precise instruction how to make them and I messed up a few times before I finally settled on a way to do them - maybe it was the fact I was not exactly sure what pintucks were ??? Anyway, once I got through that hurdle the rest of the clutches came together rather effortlessly. And, most importantly, my kids' teachers loved them.  


Plus, I really love the size of these wristlets, they could probably be used as clutches, too. I'm thinking one more Pintuck Wristlet just for me is in my near future :)

Hope you all have an amazing rest of the day. Svetlana