so random {a finished quilt}

Hello friends, happy Tuesday to you all.

I have a new, totally unplanned, quilt to show you today. 


What do you think? I'm still trying to decide whether I like the sparse randomness of this quilt or not. Thankfully I'm leaning towards liking at this point :).


It's a mix of Steam Punk blocks I made a while back, some log cabin orphan blocks, and low volume prints and solids for the background.


I channeled my inner Leanne and did this dense, slightly uneven straight line quilting. Now, this kind of quilting takes time, and lots of thread (11 bobbins to be precise) but I adore its final look so I'd say it's totally worth it. And fun. And kind of meditative, too :).


 I used bright green (I think it's Kona Lime) fabric for the backing. I love how it adds such a nice contrast to the finished quilt. Plus, it shows off all the stitching so very beautifully ♥♥♥.

The quilt finished at 57" x 60" making it a nice lap sized quilt.

Thanks for reading. Svetlana